Sunday

LDR

What I miss most about a non-LDR relationship is the triviality/commonness of things.

- calling up Bwoy on a bad night and making him go to a movie with me.
- showing up at his apt when I know he's had a rough day (though I did do that once earlier this year... flew into NY one random wknd to surprise him).
- watching TV curled up in bed with him.
- trying different cheapo restaurants and wandering the city.
- being nerds and doing work side by side, on our separate computers.
- silences in each other's presence.
- no pressure to make a 4-day visit as memorable as possible.

Bwoy visited me this weekend, and we actually did do a LOT of the trivial things on the list. We didn't go off trekking mountains, or go to elaborate dressed up affairs, or stare in each other's eyes (okay maybe a little). We were just homebodies who went out a bit, but liked snuggling into soft blankets and flipping through channels. And that's what made me realize how much I miss being boring with him =)

No comments: