Monday

Party Pooper

Maybe it's just me, but lately I've become tired of the party circuit. I mean it means dressing up, drinking, drunk-texting/calling people, acting silly, hitting on that hot guy you never had the guts to approach (but in a very unglamorous way), puking, and then waking up the next morning with the fuzzy memory you did something pretty embarassing.

And then the people. Ahhh the people. Seems like the only friends I have in NY are the ones who are about "the scene." What is up with that? What IS "the scene?" Some of my friends can't have a normal dinner with me. Instead, they have to have me and Other People, they have to have it loud, it has to involve drinking, a cool lounge, beautiful people, and a chance to buy rounds.

It's frustrating. I come back to NY, and I expected to have nice quiet dinners with people. Instead, nothing much has changed. Everything has to be frenetic, cool, and expensive. I think it has to do with the people I hang out with here... not as much good friends, but fun people to drink with. I'd be some kind of arm candy since I look dramatically different (in a nice way) when I actually give a shit about what I wear, not someone to have a deep convo with.

Hmmm I guess I've changed a bit. I used to like the going out, but it's gotten a bit tired. I mean if you like that, that's cool. As for me, I don't as much anymore. Plus I have an unnaturally strong liver. So I never get drunk and I can never act silly the way everyone around me starts acting. In the end, I laugh, chat, pick them up, and wish I were at home. With Bwoy, Best Friend, or like-minded people-- or at least drinking with them.=)

No comments: