Wednesday

One of those days...

...where you think, "Hmmm. When was the last time I took a vacation?"


Today I got back from work early and was thrilled.

It was one of those days, you know? One of those weeks where you start to think, "Woahhhhh, when was the last time I took a vacation?" I don't mean a go-to-Peru-and-run-around-taking-digital-photos-for-your-slideshow. Slideshow that you will inevitable show in a "Welcome Back!" party when you return to the States in front of friends who stare glassy eyed at the 1,006th photo of you beaming broadly in front of Machhu Pichu.

I mean watching the Tyra Banks Show and reruns of Oprah.
I mean puttering around the apt in pjs ALL DAY.
I mean deciding to walk to the 24-hour grocery store in the middle of the night because you feel like Godiva's Chocolate Ice Cream, and hell, you want some.
I mean mixing said ice cream with some rum and slurping it down while in bed.
I mean stripping off the pjs in an act of passionate liberation, and promptly taking five freakin naps cos... you have the time!
(Of course, if I had a boy with me, napping would be even more fun. In that case, I should say "napping.")

Tomorrow is a new day back to the old grind. But I feel more in order, more centered. Sometimes pple need to clean their room, do laundry, put their house in order to go on. Some pple need to go run. Some pple need to putter around in pjs. Everyone has their way to get refreshed, and ready to rumble... again. We all need it.

No comments: