Sunday

Loooong overdue update

Hmmm so 8 months after my last post, I moved back in with my parents (whimper), started a new boring job (meh), quit that job (wahoo!), and then started a more more challenging but exciting job (whimper/wahoo!/whimper).



Below is a more detailed rundown of lessons and developments over the past 8 months. I'll have to break each one down in separate posts because I have so much crap to write to entertain myself.

a) I have a really good resume. Really. I'm great on paper. This is why I was able to switch jobs during a middle of one of the worst recessions in American history. Famous last words...

b) My new job is less engineering and much more policy. Oh lord, the differences between the two groups of people. I'll have to navigate THAT in a later post.

c) I hate living with my parents and have almost taken up actual residence at Bwoy's. I love my parents and love living (almost) rent-free so I suck it up. But seriously, the COMPLAINTS of my mother! oy vey. I'm a whiny selfish spoilt child so I'll save that for a later post too.

d) I miss chi-town and my friends in it. NY gals are another breed-- a little too sex and the city for me (yes, I realize I'm from NY but I was never SATC! More like J Lo's Jenny from the block crossed with Eyore). And I have drama with them! It's because some of them are desi and desi princesses are the worst kind in my opinion. All princesses are. That's why I'm a nutty princess.

oh and

e) My sexy new job (which I left a nice cushy job with benefits for) is exciting and cutting edge. I mean, it really is exciting. I get excited going to work! And when I tell other people who aren't even in my field, they get excited too! Well, anyway, this lovely new job has quite a number of downsides already. Principal one is: it has no benefits. So I join the 45 million Americans who have no insurance now. This makes all those health care town meetings all the more interesting to me.... until I watch it for the first 10 minutes and get headaches from the cankterous, screaming, redfaced protesters.

Le sigh.

More later. So many updates to do!

No comments: