Tuesday

Good Day=)

Today was a good day. I finished a midterm, got an extension on a proposal, talked to my best friend (who is living on a farm in CT), talked to Mofito who updated my on gossip on a job I no longer have but still am obsessed with gossiping about, visited Licorice (one of my only friends in grad school who's as skinny, tall, and sweet as licorice), and had a lovely convo with Bwoy.

Chitown has FINALLY turned a corner. I am not sure what happened to spring, but somehow it turned from winter and then late winter... and then extended version of winter to 70 degree, sunny, clear summertime weather. Apparently, despite the warnings that former visitors of Chicago told me, native Chicagoans tell me that this kind of 70-80 mild weather is typical for the summer. Woo hoo! I was not looking forward to a summer like those in NYC-- hot, sticky, muggy. I think Chicago will be different- for one, it's much much cleaner. And people here relish the outdoors, with all that the city has to offer in terms of festivals, biking paths, running paths. And then finally, when you find a free event, there's not a million people who have the same idea as you mobbing the scene (which tended to happen in crowded NY). As Borat would say, Niiiiiiice!

So all in all, a good day.

No comments: