Tuesday

Change of profession

I've been in Chicago for more than a week and made a total of 2 friends. One of whom includes my roommate. Is that normal?

This new place where I work is TINY (but prestigious); I guess that's why I picked it: individual attention, addressing people's needs, etc. It turned out to be quite accurate. Still. There is a thing as too tiny. There are a handful of people my age, most of whom seem very unsocial. I end up talking to this dude who complains about how pple are unsocial; we bitch together, and then I end up wondering how he ever got to work in this place since he is such a party animal. Seriously. I feel bad for him; he ends up talking to the secretaries to find people who actually respond to his attempts at conversation.

For my part, however, this is sort of what I expected. I was never looking forward to it, but surprisingly I've shrugged off my social life in NY more easily than I expected for this more nomadic life. Surprise! If you haven't guessed by now, I'm now a graduate student. Boo. No more of The Office. Now I can bitch about The Lab. And The Institute. *rubbing hands with glee* Oh what good times we'll have=)

No comments: